The Center of it All
Affixed by stunning Lake Michigan and decorated with inspiring architecture, Chicago is more than just a big city. Besides its striking downtown area, which includes some of the tallest buildings in the world, Chicago has a distinctive shoreline, hundreds of vibrant parks and 77 unique neighborhoods. It's this truly distinctive mix of incredible attractions and cultural allure that make Chicago one of the friendliest, most livable cities in America.
Chicago's developed a reputation as a must-visit destination for diners. In fact, Chicago is one of only three cities in the country to have its culinary chops rated by the prestigious Michelin Guide. With incredible shopping on The Magnificent Mile, world premiere performances in its famed Theater District and one of the country's most active nightlife scenes, this city is always buzzing. Chicago also vaunts more than 60 museums, five regional Tony Award-winning theaters and, no matter the season, there's always a professional sports team to cheer to victory.
Situated squarely in the center of the country and equipped with two major, international airports, getting to Chicago is easy. Once you arrive, you'll be able to choose from more than 38,000 hotel rooms in the downtown area alone. From sleek downtown properties to luxury boutiques, you will discover outstanding accommodations for every style and budget.
Millennium Park, deep dish pizza and Wrigley Field are all compelling enough reasons to visit Chicago, but the city's most endearing quality is its people. Chicago's neighborhoods represent more than 100 countries and it's through this diversity and profound city culture that we are able to develop the country's best restaurants, theaters and museums.
Feel the excitement of the city from the moment you step outside of Hyatt Regency Chicago. Area activities include (but are not limited!), to:
- The Art Institute of Chicago – View famous works of art including photography, painting, sculptures, and more in this world-class art museum. (312) 443-3600
- Chicago Riverwalk – Walk along the Chicago River as you admire the city’s renowned architecture among waterfront restaurants and shops. (877) 300-6746
- Field Museum - Go back in time and travel across cultures through this iconic museum’s exhibits and collections. (312) 922-9410
- John G. Shedd Aquarium – Enjoy one of the most popular indoor aquariums in the country, housing more than 32,000 animals in an aquatic setting. (312) 939-2438
- Maggie Daley Park – This 20-acre public park offers family-friendly activities all year long from rock climbing in the summer to ice skating in the winter. (312) 552-3000
- Millennium Park – Take a photo in front of Cloud Gate, locally known as "the Bean", as you discover the architectural details of this bustling city park. (312) 742-1168
- Museum of Contemporary Art – View permanent and rotating collections of modern art at this distinctive Chicago museum. (312) 280-2660
- Museum of Science and Industry - Celebrate innovation, technology, science, and the natural world in more than 400,000 square feet of space at this award-winning museum. (773) 684-1414
- The Magnificent Mile – Stroll along the Magnificent Mile and enjoy more than 460 retailers, including Crate & Barrel, Gap, Dylan’s Candy Bar®, and Ralph Lauren. (312) 409-5560
- The Second City comedy club– Need a laugh? Head to The Second City comedy club for stand-up, improv, and other great live performances from both up-and-coming and famous comedians. (312) 337-3992
- Water Tower Place – Explore seven floors of shopping including Macy’s®, Build-A-Bear Workshop®, and Coach®; don’t miss the large food court. (312) 440-3580
Visit our Chicago Sightseeing page for more suggestions!
Looking for places to eat? Bon Appetit ranked Chicago the restaurant city of the year in 2017, so there is no shortage of options! Download a list of restaurants local to the hotel.